Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Super Friendly Amish Farmer


We drove out for a little sight seeing on Saturday. We were kind of off the beaten path and when we came upon a farmer plowing with a team of Belgians, I slowed to watch the team make a turn near the road. The Amish farmer looked our way and gave the biggest friendly wave. I looked at Bette and said "he looks like a friendly fellow he must want company". I pulled in his driveway and walked out to the field to introduce myself. He was friendly enough but said nothing about the friendly arm sweeping wave. After a bit he looked toward the road again and said "oh that's my dads ride, he's being dropped off from work". I looked and here came a dark 1 ton dodge pickup, it looked exactly like mine. I guess that explains why I got the big wave. I figured I might as well get a picture of his plow team while I was there and he was fine with it. Bette and I had a good laugh about it when I got back in the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment